Preparing for Orthopaedic Surgery
You have been seen by one of our surgeons in Frisco, TX and have agreed to proceed with the orthopaedic surgery recommended to you. This is a quick guide of what to expect.
- You will be contacted by our surgery scheduler within 48 hours of your visit. You may also contact her at 214-705-6611 ext 124 or with a message via your patient portal.
- Once you have a date scheduled, the surgery scheduler will verify your surgery benefits for the surgeon and obtain authorization, if needed. Any deductibles, coinsurance, or copays pertaining to surgery are due 48 hours before your surgery is scheduled to take place.
- The surgical scheduler will also book your first post-operative appointment with the surgeon or Physician Assistant.
- A tentative surgery time may be provided to you, however due to last minute changes in operating room schedules the exact time of surgery may not be confirmed until the day before the procedure.
- The surgery scheduler is only responsible for insurance verification, surgery financials, and surgery scheduling. Please direct any medical questions to the doctor’s team. If there is any change in your health condition (such as a cold or flu) while you are waiting for surgery, please let us know.
- Post-operative medications will be sent to your pharmacy through our electronic medical record system the day of surgery. Please make sure to verify your pharmacy is up to date in our system prior to the day of your surgery.